Thursday, October 23, 2008

little DOGS!


I'd like to discuss something that happened over at Green Tangerine during a routine eyebrow wax today.

Now I'm an animal lover, sure. But when did it become acceptable in society to bring a DOG with you wherever you go? And if you know what I'm talking about- its not just any dog- its a little dog- chiuaua, shitsu, and the like. With very typical Paris Hilton-esque owners.

Now- point A- While I was standing in line waiting to pay this Lady's little dog was sniffing around me, climbing my leg, and stunk to high heaven. I'm not even going to ask how this 60 year old woman can dress like she is 22, afford $167 highlights, a Gucci bag, and so much David Yurman she could hardly lift a wrist and yes COULD NOT afford to get her dog washed. While others cooed at it I was violated by it. I don't like her smelly dog and I really do not want it on me. Why is there a dog in here?!

Point B- this is dog discrimination. If I was getting my hair done, would I be allowed to bring in my doberman, pit bull, or great dane? No. And don't play the size card here as an argument. I'm sure they would be less than pleased if I hauled my cat in to sleep on a massage table during my appointment.

The point is- leave the little rat dogs at home. Assume all places except for parks and petco are dog free zones.

No comments: